Here is step by step guide on how to jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 using sn0wbreeze 2.0. It should be noted that sn0wbreeze 2.0 works only for iPhone 3GS old bootrom, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G. If you want to jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 with sn0wbreeze, this guide applies to iPhone 3G as well.
Note: This guide is similar to the one we posted for iOS 4 jailbreak with sn0wbreeze 1.6.1. So you can follow that guide with slideshow or you can follow the guide posted below:
Before you Begin:
Step 1: Launch Sn0wbreeze. You will see the welcome screen.
Step 2: Select Mode [Expert Mode / Simple Mode]. This guide uses “Expert Mode” because it allows customizations like backgrounds, custom boot logo or multi-tasking.
Step 3: Browse the original iOS 4.1 firmware file (.ipsw) that you want to jailbreak.
Step 4: Sn0wbreeze will verify IPSW and will display following message:
Step 5: Click next and Sn0wbreeze will start its process. If you selected “Expert Mode”, you will be presented with following options:
- Custom Packages
- Custom Boot Logos
- Build IPSW
You can tweak each of these features individually as per your requirements.
Step 6: After performing all customizations, select “Build IPSW” and click Next button.
Step 7: Sn0wbreeze will now process iOS 4.1 jailbreak. Once the process is complete your custom IPSW can be found on desktop.
Step 8: Loading custom IPSW in iPhone
To load iOS 4.1 custom IPSW:
- Connect your iPhone with computer
- Run iTunes and select your device from left sidebar
- In summary tab, you will see “Restore” button at bottom
- Press and Hold Shift key and click on “Restore” button.
- Now browse for custom IPSW that you cooked with sn0wbreeze
- iTunes will load the firmware into iTunes.
- If you need more help, see our guide to load IPSW using iTunes.
That’s it. Enjoy!