Swype for Symbian S60 5th edition is here. It’s the beta version that will work on following Nokia TouchScreen phones:
- Nokia 5800
- Nokia 5230
- Nokia X6 (no portrait mini-qwerty for firmware v21.0.004)
- Nokia N97
- Nokia N97 mini
Swype is a virtual keyboard for TouchScreen phones that makes typing easier. Here is the video showing features of Swype for Symbian:
According to Nokia Beta Labs, key features og Swype for Symbian are as follows:
Swype for Symbian S60 5th Edition
- Standard QWERTY keyboard layout makes Swype easy to learn
- Use a stylus or finger – Swype’s amazing input path analyzer allows you to go fast and sloppy. Just make a reasonable effort to trace through the word and Swype will do the rest
- Double Tap Editing – Make a mistake? Double tap on a word to bring up a list of other possible matches.
- Auto Spelling Correction
- Automatic Help – Swype detects when you may be having trouble or might benefit from a particular feature and prompts you with helpful tips and instructions
- Instant access to Symbols, Numbers and Editing functions
- 65,000-word Learning Dictionary – Chances are the word you are typing is already in the Swype dictionary. If it isn’t, just tap it out once followed by a space and Swype will remember it for future use.
You can download Swype for Symbian S60 from Nokia Beta Labs. After installation, you will have to reboot your device.