Want to activate iPhone 4 without SIM? Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) lets you activate iOS 4.2.1 and 4.1 without stock SIM. It works well to activate iPhone 3GS and 3G as well. Although recently released PwnageTool 4.1.3 and redsn0w 0.9.6 beta 5 along with ultrasn0w 1.2 can take care of iOS 4.2.1 unlock on iPhone 3GS and 3G, you may have to face battery drain issues. SAM will help you minimize the battery drain problems, especially with 3G networks. Here is simple step by step guide that will help you activate iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G with SAM:
Step 1: Restore
Step 2: Jailbreak
Step 3: Add Repo http://repo.bingner.com in Cydia
- Open Cydia, go to “Manage” tab and tap on “Sources”.
- Tap on “Edit”, then hit “Add”, a prompt should appear asking “Enter Cydia/APT URL”.
- Enter http://repo.bingner.com/ and hit “Add Source”, then tap on “Return to Cydia”.
Step 4: Install SAM and SAMPrefs
- After adding the repo, open it from Sources. You’ll see following:
- Install both one by one, SAM as well as SAMPrefs.
Step 5: Deactivate iPhone
Run redsn0w 0.9.6 Beta 6 and select the option “Deactivate iPhone”
Alternatively, you can install OpenSSH and run stockify to deactivate. Redsn0w is easier of both though.
Step 5: Activate iPhone without SIM
- Go to Settings > SAM and tap on “De-Activate iPhone”.
- Now you can Activate with iTunes.
- If you get invalid SIM message in iTunes, you’ll need to manually select the carrier to activate.